Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Memories from Jennifer (Bleazard) Graves

How can anyone who has lived in the Columbia Basin Ward, not have any good memories? Here are a few things that always come to mind when I think of good ol’ CBW:

- The annual 4th of July Breakfast. I feel that my 4th of July has never been complete since I moved out of the ward and do not get to attend the breakfast anymore.

- Mutual Activities: A service scavenger hunt, Road Show where I got to be a tree, skits, cooking. Most of all being with friends with the same standards.

- Some of my Young Women leaders: Tracy Gibbons, Geraldine Merrill, Judy Winebarger, Jan McGary and Joni Gibbons. I always look forward to seeing you when I come home for a visit.

- I remember being in sacrament meeting when Mt. Saint Helens blew and thinking, "Why does it look so dark outside this morning?" Then going outside and seeing all the ash.

- The endless chicken moves at the egg farm. Passing chickens down the aisles. Smelly work conditions. I think Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs would like to come see the fun at the egg farm.

- Bill Robison was my family's home teacher for a long time. I remember Tim asking him one time if he was going to give the long version or the short version of the lesson. I think it was always the short version after that thanks to Tim.

- Most of all I remember always hanging out with friends from the ward--the Bleazards (I know there was a plethora of us), the Howards, the Jenks, the Naefs, Stinsons, etc.

I always feel at home coming back to CBW. Thanks to everyone who helped me gain a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and live it.

Jennifer Bleazard Graves