Thursday, May 7, 2009

Post #1

Thanks for inviting me to the Columbia Basin Ward 50th Reunion. My, how the time flies. I was among the original settlers of Block 15 and have many fond memories.

I will not be able to attend the Reunion. I am 90 years old and have many of the ailments that go with old age. Besides, I lost my sweetheart 3 years ago. I wouldn't enjoy it without her. I doubt that there is many of the original settlers left.

I have been in touch with Bardella Johnson Robison and the last I heard Wayne Eppich is still OK. If you see them or any others I may have known, give them a High Five for me.

At first we were a small Branch, not yet a ward, and held our meetings at the home of Grant Bleazard or Bill Rigby. But it was a great experience
Sincerely yours
Lloyd Poulsen

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *I am looking forward to being there. I have been talking to the family about it for the last few months letting them know it was looking like it would be July
sometime. Not sure yet if any of them will make it. I'm assuming Deanne will be there if permitting, but not sure on the others yet.
David Cook
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We are very sad that we cannot come – but we have family coming in from out‑of-town that day – and the baptism of a granddaughter on July 19th. We would have loved to come and see everyone!
Bob and Susan Roylance
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thank you so much for including us. We will be attending.
Betty and Orrin Smith
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thank you for the kind invitation and the announcement of the ward reunion. I regret to say I will not be attending. It sounds wonderful and I'm sure everyone will have a marvelous time.

I had to ask my sister Lynnette if we were in the Columbia Basin Ward, as I didn't remember at first. She said I was probably 4 years old when we moved to the Basin City Ward. After she said that I thought up a few memories.

1. Mother (Rhoda Lee) told stories about staining and finishing the doors and kitchen cabinets. Mother had a lot of good friends in the ward that she visited and kept in touch with over the years.

2. I played in the fluffy pink fiberglass insulation, apparently when we were helping to build the chapel.

3. As a youth I went to dances at the Columbia Basin Ward house, and one year we had a mirror ball. It was very cool.

4. My best friend was Shirley Ann Perkes. I thought it was the most beautiful name.

Again, thank you for the invitation. I appreciate your work, time and talent that you are sharing with us to put together this reunion. What an event! Have a lot of fun.

Most Sincerely,
LaFaye Lee Bergman
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Wow, It has been a very long time. I mean years. How wonderful to hear from you all and know you all doing great. Bishop Todd Merrill, If my memory serves me right your Dad was a bishop too. How wonderful to see good people serve in such a great capacity.

I guess I should break down my life story in as short of words as possible.

For those of you that do not know me I am Douglas Cook, I have been out of the ward since about the year 1989. When I left the Ward I was transferred over into the Basin City Ward with my Dad. I was only in my early teens if my memory serves me right. I did not get much of a chance to get to grow up with all of you but I do remember many great things. I would love to share with you.
I remember Bishop Merrill being my Eiders Quorum adviser at the time. He was awesome. I remember going on a Scouting adventure in the Wasatch mountains and getting lost with the group. The climb was very treacherous and the weight on our backs from the backpacks were heavy since we figured we were hungry growing boys and had to have all we could carry. We sang the song Highway to the Danger Zone. I remember wondering how we were going to get out of there. Obviously we all survived and had a great time and memory to share.

I am now grown up and have two girls and a wonderful wife. My wonderful wife and I were married on May 26th, 2000, in the Logan , Utah LDS temple. Our oldest daughter (Aubrie) just turned five and will start kindergarten this year. I also have another wonderful child ( Hannah) who is 2. These kids have been very fun and kept my wife and I on our toes.

I am currently working at Lowe's Home Improvement Store as a department Manager in Plumbing. It has been a great career for me. My wonderful wife Ashley works at the McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden, Utah. She works as a staffing coordinator and is very good at what she does.

I am too far away to be able to make it to the fun planned event, but would love to thank all of you for who you are and best of luck. I do wish sometimes that I did not live so far away, but home is now in Utah.

With lots of love,
The Cook Family,
Doug, Ashley, Aubrie and Hannah

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Thank you for the invitation. I think it is a great thing to celebrate. My parents are Ron and Pearl Steele. Dad died in 1993 of a stroke and my mom just passed away last October from cancer. I don't think any of my siblings will be attending, but thank you and good luck with the planning. Angie Murdoch
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Karen and I will be attending the reunion.
Karen and Mark Jenkins
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Regrets, my family will not be able to attend.
-- Scott and Angela Bleazard
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks for sending me an invitation. I got rather excited, then saw the date, but as much as I would love to come up and see everyone, I am committed to a wedding that day. I usually book several months in advance.

Will be thinking about any story that I can pass on and send to you. Do have a couple, but kind of bashful (who me?).

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Mary Graham
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We hope to be able to make it, but will let you know for sure later.

Kamille (Thorne) and Jared Combs* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *